If I want to raytrace, better to improve the Lisp raytracer, which is sitting idly in my Code/Lisp folder. Steps that will follow in the raytracer path:
- Code commenting: I almost forgot how the main loop was rolled
- Performance: ditch temporary image matrices and output straight RGB data. This means no antialiasing, out of the box without some tweaking. But I can tweak that with Monte Carlo methods
- New objects: Where are my triangles? I only have spheres. I need triangles, and triangle meshes.
- Triangle mesh importer: from a nice ASCII format generated by some open source program
- Transparency: My previous version had it, this new one, does not.
If you have any other suggestion for a Forth project, leave a comment here or in Reddit. Thanks!
9 programming books I have read and somewhat liked...
C code juicer: detecting copied programming assignments
Cron, diff & wget: Watch changes in a webpage
8 reasons for re-inventing the wheel as a programmer
Approximating images with randomly placed translucent triangles