You can check the challenge updates below:
What it means
What I will do within emacs:
- Read my email (gnus and gmail)
- Use twitter (via twittering-mode)
- Search in Google and basic browsing (within w3m)
- Search in MathSciNet (with a modified version of bibfind.el)
- View PDF's (through the emacs23 native doc-view)
- Open images (emacs 22.3 and up, I think)
- Chat through Jabber (in Google chat, with jabber.el)
What I may need to do outside
- So far, answering mails through multiple accounts: it can be done through gnus but I have not configured it yet (in 30 days I guess I can do it).
- Writing in this blog: can be done, but I don't want the hassle.
- Checking facebook, but could be done through w3m (elisp native web browser) and the mobile site. I'll just do Facebook at night, occasionally.
- At least for now, reading RSS. I'm very happy with my iPod Touch for this task, buy may consider doing it with the Ben Nanonote and gnus (for example) when I'm more comfortable with it.